Thursday, September 8, 2011

Popular Diets - The Raw Food Diet

Popular Diets - The Raw Food Diet:

Don't ask these raw food dieters what's cooking? .

Believers feel the higher the percentage of raw food in the diet, the greater the health benefits. Many raw food eaters are vegan, and don’t eat any meat, fish, or dairy products but others eat raw meat and fish. By the way, when these people say raw they means food that hasn’t been cooked higher than 115 °F (46 °C), some put the limit at 104 °F (40 °C).

Raw food followers believe that eating uncooked foods encourages weight loss and prevents or heals many illnesses and chronic diseases. The medical evidence is mixed. To inject a personal note, as a college student I breakfasted on raw eggs which I downed with a glass of water. My objective was to save time, I don’t even know if the raw food movement existed in those days. I wouldn’t eat raw eggs today because I think they are filthy and might transmit illnesses. By the way, I am not a doctor or other health-care professional.

- Sent using Google Toolbar

This review of the Raw Food Diet continues on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment